Once the parties decide to retain my services as their Employment Law Mediator, we will undertake the following process:
- The present procedural status of the matter.
- A brief discussion of each Party’s version of the facts and applicable law.
- The status of any settlement discussions between the Parties.
- Who will be attending the Mediation for each Party, the identity of the decision-maker, each attendee’s role in the matter, all attorneys who will be present.
- Date, time and location for the Mediation.
- How we will proceed on the day of the Mediation.
- The Mediation Fee, how and when it will be paid.
- Mediation Memorandum: While meeting with the parties is ultimately critical to assisting Parties in resolving claims, Employment Law Mediations are conducted at all stages of the dispute process. For instance, I have participated in Mediations prior to the filing of administrative charges (i.e. EEOC Charge or PHRC Complaint), after the filing of a Charge but prior to the filing of litigation in state or federal court, and in the midst of court and arbitration proceedings. Depending upon the present stage of an employment law dispute, the amount of information that the Parties have shared can vary greatly. In order for a Mediation to be most effective, a substantive understanding of at least the general parameters of a dispute is of great assistance. Each Party will submit a Mediation Memorandum at least one-week prior to the Mediation. If there are legal statutes, reported decisions, or contract documents at issue, the Parties will be asked to provide the same along with their Mediation Statements.During the Pre-Mediation Conference Call, the Parties will discuss their preference regarding whether they will exchange their Mediation Memorandum with the opposing Party, or only with the Mediator. No matter what the Parties decide, I have found that at the very least it is imperative that the Parties agree to exchange any relevant documents that a Party intends to reference at the Mediation on the same date that the Mediation Memorandum are due.
EMPLOYMENT LAW MEDIATION
790 Penllyn Blue Bell Pike #205
Blue Bell, PA 19422
Blue Bell, PA 19422